Monday, February 7, 2011

off the charts

I think charting my daughter's moods is a necessary evil that I am going to need to face. When we got the OCD diagnosis and she started on Zoloft we discovered that we were also dealing with a bit of a mood disorder. I have been in denial about the BIG bipolar diagnosis that I have yet to see on paper. It is still in the back of my OCD mind at all times.

I think I may be seeing a pattern of cycling. I really need to just put on my big girl panties and do some charting to see if it really is true cycling.

I don't know why it stresses me so much, but it does. I am well aware that my child is who she is with or without alphabet soup to define her, but it still seems so final to me. That is something I am going to have to get over.

On the OCD front, she is still fidgety. Oddly enough I think that her fidgeting might just be alleviating some anxiety because since she has restarted this fidgeting behavior her behavior at school (which typically is raging) has been non-existent. Her teacher has told me that she is a totally different kid than she was before. I am trying really hard not to let it bug me and I have been ignoring it. Win-win.

1 comment:

  1. A Bipolar diagnosis isn't the end of the world. Keeping a mood chart is not as aggravating as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete