Tuesday, April 20, 2010

slacker

I am back. I am not sure if I have any readers left, but here I am. I suppose it is a good thing that I have not blogged, since the fact that I have not felt the need to do so means that I have been in a really good place. The sun is shining and I have been spending time outside with the kids. Sunshine is an amazing medication.

The daughter update. She is doing very well. We have increased the Risperdal and changed the Zoloft to bedtime. We were finding that she was falling asleep in the afternoons. Her behavior in the afternoon's at school was still not very good, and I think she was simply tired. I take my Zoloft at night because it tires me as well. I have seen very few fits at home, and she is much more pleasant in general.

Spring Break was a real trial of the medication. The thought of being with her 24 hours a day for 11 days straight was a stressor for me. I was concerned that we would have fits and drama. She was AWESOME! She was kind, patient, loving and cooperative. She was so much fun that I felt bad for worrying about it. We vacationed with my parents and she stayed with them in their place nightly. She was a complete joy to be around. It was a huge success!

What I love most is that she is proud of herself. Her self esteem is growing and I love that she is happy. I see so much of myself in her six year old mind that I am pleased she is getting some peace.

3 comments: