Thursday, January 14, 2010

good

All is good here. I know I haven't posted in a while. It has been a little crazy around these parts. I am trying to pull myself out of the winter blues and I think I am managing quite nicely. The holiday fever has died down and the kids are in a good routine.

My special needs child is not doing so well at home. It seems when his behaviors amp up at home he does really well at school. I see that echoed in several other regular blogs I read. I kind of like that though since I have no control over what happens there, I feel like I would rather have him behave there otherwise I fret over trying to fix it. Truthfully I cannot fix it and then I worry. Home behaviors have been ugly and I fear it is partly my fault (as I always do) because to be honest right now I really don't like him. I love him with all my heart and don't regret a minute of our decision to adopt him, but wow, he isn't very pleasant to be around most of the time. I have to change my attitude and fake it. I know it is cyclical and once I play the game for a while, he will come around and be the lovable, funny, child I know and DO like. I just get so down on myself when I feel this way. Any of you experience this?

It seems my daughters foray into psychotropic drugs may be paying off. Her fit behaviors have significantly lessened already and I am pleased with her much more calm demeanor. I have not heard her habitually counting in a few days. And she has not mentioned something not being FAIR (followed by a melt down) in a couple days. I hope that we continue to see progress and she can break free from the chains of OCD that I suffered unknowingly from for so long.

I cry for those in Haiti who already have so little. I am truly blessed and it is unfortunate that it takes such a tragedy to remember that. Lord, bless those in that region and help us remember to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment